It’s the final day of my mood board bedroom series. To catch-up: I’ve designed inspiration for a bohemian guest room, a romantic master retreat, and a new traditional bedroom with pops of teal. For this, my last day of mood board creating, (well at least for a while) I’ve designed a shabby chic girl’s room for Lizzie. I’ve been mulling over this plan for at least a year now. I have no plans to move her to a big girl bed for at least another year, but I love this look so much that I can’t help but begin to plan it. The inspiration for this room really came from the art already hanging in Lizzie’s nursery. The art in her room is my favorite aspect of the design, and I don’t want to get rid of it, so I decided to design around it. I plan on keeping the original color scheme of aqua, red, and white and add in a little bit of pink to soften the room and obtain the shabby chic look I want.
- I love the distressed finish on these book ends from Joss & Main and the bird motif works perfectly with the art I already own.
- What little girl wouldn’t love these ruffled curtains from Amazon.
- Land of Nod’s teal ruffled lamp shade picks up the texture from the curtains perfectly.
- This distressed clock is much more chic than the traditional digital version. From Joss & Main .
- I actually had a pretty hard time finding a rug that had all the colors I wanted for this room but when I saw the Better Floors and Garden rug from Land of Nod I knew I had hit the jackpot!
- The aged wax finish over the aqua paint on this Pottery Barn armoire is simply beautiful!
- When I saw these moose hooks in red and aqua I thought I had died and gone to shabby chic heaven! Available on Wanelo.
- The soft colors in this photography from Etsy are so perfect for a little girl’s room and no shabby chic room would be complete without a chandelier like this one from Pottery Barn Kids.
- The flea market table from Anthropologie is the epitome of shabby chic.
- I love that the dark pink in the Savannah floral duvet from pottery barn kids almost looks red in the right light.
So now I guess I just have to wait until Lizzie (and by Lizzie and I mean me) is ready to transition to a big girl bed.
Check out all the bedroom mood boards in this series:
Day 1: Bohemian guest room
Day 2: Calming and romantic retreat
Day 3: New Traditional Master
Or check out all my mood boards here.