If you follow me on Facebook, then you probably already know that we recently started on the foyer makeover project by tearing out the old moldings and putting up a board and batten wainscoting.
*If you don’t follow me than click here to so now and make sure you don’t miss out on anymore updates!*
The project is moving along nicely but I thought I share with you our mood board for the space so you can see where we are heading with it.
Our goal is create a “wow” inspiring space with lots of industrial accents. We are hoping to temper the industrial feel and make the space a little more formal by the addition of traditional wainscoting and gold accents. To up the drama the wainscot will be six feet high and all white with the wall above being painted a very dark gray.
- While we will not be starting on the stairs anytime soon, this is pretty much the look we are going for. From Pinterest.
- The paint color is Kendall Charcoal by Benjamin Moore
- The bronze light fixture is by Hampton Bay for Home Depot and is only $75!
- The “Hey Y’all” print was my inspiration for the gold. I’m going to try to DIY buy you can buy it from Stephanie Creekmur on Etsy.
- The gold sunburst mirror is a steal at 39.99 from Target.
- The reclaimed parquet table from Pottery Barn is really more of an inspiration for us as we have plans to make the console table ourselves.
- The 2 Piece Wire Basket Set in Red is from Wayfair.
- I wanted something whimsical for the table and this white ceramic turtle from Target totally fits the bill.
- I love the idea of large basket under the table to hold purses, gloves, and hats. This roll weave storage ottoman from Crate & Barrel is exactly what I’m looking for.
Stay tuned to see how the whole project turns out. So far we are on schedule to finish everything but the stairs by the end of February. Don’t forget to sign-up below to receive updates on the project straight to your e-mail!.