We have a couple of finishing touches to complete on phase 1 of the porch makeover and then I’ll finally be able to share some before and after pictures with you.
But wasn’t this post about industrial light? I’m actually in quite a conundrum and need your help. Last week I shared our plans for a nautical inspired half bath with you, and I mentioned that the laundry room would be getting a makeover at the same time. The problem is that the half bath design is very different from the color palette for the rest of the house and I need the laundry room to act as a sort of design bridge between the spaces.
As you can see in the above picture the laundry room connects the kitchen to the half bath (dark door at the end) as well has doors going to the back yard (left side) and garage (right side). The plan is to keep the room basically white with open reclaimed wood shelves above the washer and dryer. Here’s our inspiration!
My problem is the lighting. Since the space is utilitarian in purpose I want an industrial style light ( and one that won’t break the budget); however finding one to connect the spaces has been challenging.
You probably remember that the kitchen lighting is galvanized with a white and mint glass globe. See more about our school house pendants here!
The lighting in the bathroom will be copper or brass. The brackets holding the reclaimed shelves will be black metal and the door knobs are oil rubbed bronze. So you see my problem? I really have too many options. Below are the 7 lights I’ve narrowed my search to. Please vote on your favorite one and tell me why you’d choose down to. Also, please make sure to check out the bathroom mood board before voting to get a better idea of this design dilemma!
- Not only is this one bronze but it has a sort of nautical feel as well. Fresnel Glass Industrial Flush-Mount from Shade of Light. $139
- I love the utilitarian feel of galvanized metal. The Laramie Pendant from Barn Light Electric. Starting at $149.
- I’ve been dying to put an orb light in my house somewhere! Metal Strap Globe Pendant from Shades of Light. $129
- This semi mount is the perfect match to our kitchen pendants. The Intermediate Schoolhouse Semi-flush Mount from Barn Light Electric. Starting at $152.
- I love the funky design of this bronze light. Young House Love Geometric Diamond Ceiling Light from Shades of Light. $79
- It doesn’t get much more industrial than this galvanized option with the wire cage. The Original Warehouse Flush-mount from Barn Light Electric starting at $137.
- This is the same light we installed in our foyer, so it would give the house a nice cohesive feel. 4-light Oxide Brass Semi-Flush Mount with Tallaroom Panel Glass Shade by Hampton Bay for Home Depot. $79
So, those are the options! Which one would you choose??