As we finish up tiling the screened in porch this weekend that makeover will finally be complete. I hope to have pictures for you next week! But now that the porch project is wrapping up and fall is in there air (except for here in Virginia where we had record temperatures on the first day of school!) I am starting to plan my next project which will be the half bath and laundry room.
Here is the laundry room before. The door to the bathroom is to the right of this picture. This room acts as a pass through from the garage, bathroom, backyard, and kitchen. More to come on the design for the laundry is a couple of weeks.
I want to create a bathroom that is inspired by old ships but that isn’t expected or cheesy. I plan to use wood and brass elements mixed with a grassy green and metallic gold to keep the room feeling authentic yet modern. Here is the plan:
- The walls will be painted off white with a large net stencil in metallic gold (Fresh Catch by Cutting Edge Stencils). The metallic gold will be more subtle than the goldenrod pictured above.
- The original vanity will stay but will be painted in Miss Mustard Seed’s Boxwood Green and aged with a dark wax. The vanity will get a new white cultured marble top and a brass faucet and knobs.
- The floor will be the same gray washed wood tile that is going into the screened in porch
- The current mirror will be framed out in reclaimed wood.
- For lighting I am moving two existing copper exterior lights from the backyard in.
- I am really obsessed with finding a Moby Dick piece of art for the room. And who could resist the Poop Deck reference?
This room was actually pretty easy for me to plan out. I wanted a different color scheme from the rest of the house and once I fell in love with the idea of a green vanity the other plans pretty much fell into place. I’m sharing this plan now in part because the laundry room is giving me a major headache and I want to bounce some ideas off of all of you. Look for those plans in the next couple of weeks.
You can see all of my inspiration for this room here: